Join the Service! Download the app! Buy the Heart Rate BeltGet support!
Sports TrackerBlogAboutJobsContactMedia

Sports Tracker goes Windows Phone AND is now available for Nokia N9!

1 November 2011 Meego, Press Releases, Releases, Windows Phone 75 Comments

Nokia announced their amazing new Windows Phones (finally) and to celebrate that we’ve got some related news of our own…read on :)

Sports Tracker coming to Windows Phone in November!

Click to download screenshots!

As reported by Engadget Sports Tracker is officially headed for Windows Phone in November!

The app comes the with the tried and true tracking features, the training diary and the ability to share workouts on Facebook, Twitter and sports-tracker.com.

The Diary will also sync your workouts to sports-tracker.com for backup and further analysis on the bigger screen (not to say that the screen on the Nokia Lumia 800 isn’t nice and big but you know what we mean).

Windows Phone features

• Tracking
    • Distance
    • Duration
    • Speed
    • Average speed and pace
    • Max speed
    • Energy spent (kCal)
  • Training Diary for workout data analysis
  • Diary sync to sports-tracker.com service for further analysis
  • Sharing of workouts to Facebook, Twitter and the Sports Tracker community

The development of the app is already well on it’s way and we expect to get the app out in November so just in time for the first Lumia 800′s to hit the market :)

For the Media

But wait…that’s not all folks…

Sports Tracker now available for Nokia N9

That’s right! To celebrate last weeks Nokia-hype even more we are happy to announce that our N9 app is now available in the Nokia Store! Get the free app for your N9 now and remember to also order the Sports Tracker Heart Rate Monitor to add even more depth to your tracking data!

Nokia N9 / Meego features

• Tracking
    • Distance
    • Duration
    • Speed
    • Average speed and pace
    • Max speed
    • Energy spent (kCal)
  • Training Diary for workout data analysis
  • Diary sync to sports-tracker.com service for further analysis
  • Sharing of workouts to Facebook, Twitter and the Sports Tracker community
  • Support for the Sports Tracker Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor

> Download Sports Tracker for Nokia N9 now!

For the Media

Phew! That’s it for now. Happy tracking everyone!

Team Sports Tracker

Share/Bookmark

Tagged in , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

75 Responses on “Sports Tracker goes Windows Phone AND is now available for Nokia N9!”

1. mrodrigues says:

Very inaccurate GPS without filtering function on N9.
    I wanna buy the HR monitor, but, without GPS filtering function this app for N9 is useless.

2. Gary says:

Just got my HR-belt. That is nice, but the the accuracy is terrible with the total excercise. Is it Nokia N9 that lost the GPS signal so easily, and that where it goes wrong, or is it the ST software that let the GPS position jump around without filtering? My AVG speed and max speed are so totally wrong, and that makes the data useless.

Cheers,
    Gary

3. Mika says:

Hi,
    will the newiest version of sports tracker be ever available for N9?

4. vraa says:

Hi, really good app _but_ : also really inaccurate with N9. According to ST, the length of Helsinki City Run (21km) is 24,9km. It is not dependent on weather etc. This is a promise, if you fix this, I’ll buy the belt.

5. news says:

Fantastic Stuff, do you currently have a myspace profile?

6. JVK says:

Somebody already earlier asked the same, but no answer… Where is my “lap” button? I’m using windows Phone version (acc. info page it is 1.0.6, 23.3.2012). When workout started/ongoing, there exist only “stop” button, no “lap” –> lap times not possible.

7. I like the valuable info you supply in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and test once more here frequently. I am moderately certain I will be informed many new stuff right right here! Good luck for the following!

8. Hello ST, I don’t suppose you have an N9 update in the pipeline do you please?

With the latest PR1.2 release, there is an ever so slight adjustment needed on the main screen to incorporate the new font metrics (there is a portion cut off under the middle bar). Also, it would be great to get activity graphs and Twitter support. Many thanks – availability of this was a large part in my decision to get the N9.

• Thore says:

Ohh yes that would be awesome if Sport-tracker would be able to make a fix on the main screen on the Nokia N9.
      Same-thing on the voice feedback part, it would be lovely go get some kind of a angry PT trainer on my N9 ore simulare.

Im running with the heart-rate meter and it works grate but im missing some easy setups settings .. i just dont know what.

would it be possible to get some kind of step counter ?

Note:
      -Fix the main screan.
      -Fix the sync function, sometimes it wont sync to Facebook ore it just takes long time.
      - Voice feedback

and btw fore more features and stuff i wuldnt mind of pay for this :D

/Thore

9. Ville Nummela says:

How about voice feedback for N9?

10. The the next occasion I read a blog, Hopefully so it doesnt disappoint me about this. I’m talking about, Yes, it was my choice to read, but I genuinely thought youd have some thing intriguing to express. All I hear is truly lots of whining about something you can fix should you ever werent too busy in search of attention.

11. Burana says:

Hi!

Been using the N9 version for a while now with the HRM. All works well, but I’d like to know if there is an update looming behind the horizon? I’d really like the ability to see the battery status of the heart rate monitor.

12. Wan says:

Heya. Been using Sport-Tracker to track my runs using my old Nokia E66. Recently I bought a HTC Radar. Just installed the app, and I can’t seem to find that ‘lap’ button.

There’s a start button, and when I pressed that, there would only be a stop button. How do I make that lap button appear?

Help please on this.

Thanks.

13. Tony says:

Are there problems with app. For Windows phone? I really miss sports-tracker i have used it on my okd nokia e71 nie i want to use IT with my new Nokia lumia 800 can you give is a new date ?

14. loac says:

Quand sera disponible l’ application??

15. cristiolo says:

Hi everyone!Why the app for Windows phone isn’t yet already?There’s a problem?

16. stage says:

Hi, How’s the Wondows phone client? It is now Dec.
    thanks

17. bernard says:

Where is the Windows Phone app? Today is the last day of November!!!

18. dani2xll says:

Do we have a closer date now that `november is upon us or a beta trial I can get onto?

• Dimmie says:

What would be a situation with Windows Phone? November is almost gone and we’re still waiting…

• Jaroo says:

exactly, when Sports Tracker for Windows Phone???

19. Arno Parviainen says:

All of the sudden Sportstracker for N9 has started to crash almost immediately after I start it (which takes a really long time). I am in a foreign country and the internet connection is not automatic. Could this be the reason because everything else is the same and it never did this before. The update does not help either.

20. Also, would echo some others thoughts, would be great if you could back-port to N900 with ease. I’ve been missing SportsTracker there for ages.

21. A massive thank you for the N9 release, looks like I will have to procure one, no matter the inflated price. I hope my Polar HR monitor works too though :) Thanks again, so much.

• Jussi Solja says:

:) Polar Wearlink with BT works fine with N9.

- Jussi / Team ST

• imane says:

Maybe I do not know much English, and not fully understood the meannig of your thoughts, but: 1) The Soviet Union collapsed 20 years ago.2) (not in the? subject) Windows Phone considers the Russian market is a major advancement.

22. mbrett says:

Hey guys. Any chance there’ll be a pre-release beta floating around. Already got a Nokia Lumia 800, and want to try Sports Tracker on it and compare against it’s preformance and appeal on my Nokia N8. Must say the Lumia 800 speed of GPX Fix and accuracy is VERY impressive thanks to the polycarb shell.
    You can find me on Twitter @MartynBrett

23. Juuso says:

Thanks! Worked a lot better than the first version for my old c6-00

24. flyge says:

Hello,
    Good news, although now choosing the next phone to replace my (t)rusty old S60 device became that much more difficult :-)

Will the HR belt support come to the Windows Phone version of ST, and what is the schedule for that if it isn’t coming with the first version?

• Michael says:

Hi, I would also like to know if the HR belt will be supported on WP?

• Ashley says:

So would I!

• flyge says:

Hi, ST team says somewhere in the support area that HR belt support will/should come after the WP platform first gets support for required BT protocols. I do not know whether this means the WP lacks in HW or will the WPs someday get just an SW update with those missing protocols.

• Jussi Solja says:

It’s more a SW issue so if the support will be added to the platform we will then be able to add HRM support.

- Jussi / Team ST

25. Bjørnar says:

I see that N9 Nokia is compatible, does this mean that it won’t work on Nokia N8?

• Stefan says:

Symbian Version for S^1 and S^3 are available since ST starts. Just for the N9 (MeeGo Harmattan) the new version is available since 01.11.11.
      The N9 Version wont work on N8 cause of the other OS. But the Version for N8 is fine and works without problems until now with even more features.

26. Stedi says:

Fantastic news for me and my N9.
    One wish to sharing option: integration with Heiaheia -service would be great.

• Nrde says:

ST is heiaheia kind of service already. I doubt they would sync to their competitors service.

You may want to check out eCoach though as it can sync to Heiaheia.

27. Oh Hei says:

Well, what do you know? A Sports Tracker app for WP. That’s great news, especially considering not a month ago you said you had no plans for WP. I guess Nokia and Microsoft paid you after all.

Since you weren’t forthcoming to begin with, I had already considered other apps. So downloading this app now falls into the BIG MAYBE category.

Congrats to WP users, nonetheless!

28. Kirk says:

Any chance of a Maemo 5 version for the N900?

29. Netro says:

Awesome, thanks for bringing this app to N9 and Lumia Windows Phone devices!

30. Stefan says:

Great! Just downloaded the N9 Version. Looks stunning great even more beautiful than the Symbian(Belle) Version.
    - Sync works great, all trainings on new phone now
    - fast & smooth working
    - connect to PolarBT (the first you sold) without any Probs
    - exact GPS (as expected on N9)

negativ:
    - Just overview of acitvities possible. Missing the graphics/statistics from the Symbian-Version
    - No landscapemode just Portrait (hard to read when using it with armcase/belt)

Thanks a lot for your fast develop!

31. Emanuele says:

GREAT!!! Nokia Windows Phone is a great product even amazing with Sport Tracker….i was definitely waiting for it

32. Ed W says:

Woohoo!! Just wanted to say a BIG thanks guys!!

33. mikko says:

This is very nice indeed. I was very surpriced it works even with polar bluethooth belt, although people were doubting this earlier. Good work!

34. met says:

Any chances for a little older N900 ?

35. Jarno says:

Absolutely great! Really nice feature of showing previous exersices in the app. Would be nice to see this in the Symbian version as well.

36. Nrde says:

Darn, can’t install from the store. “Install failed” “Install cannot continue because of an error”

37. Matteo says:

I think that too many platforms isn’t a good choice. I have an android phone and I evaluated the opportunity to buy your HR monitor (in my opinion a great product, but usable only with your app), but the fact that you are more interest to create apps for marginal OS than to improve the app (like the voice feedback that at the moment is awful, the step counter, the running coaching…) led me to not make the purchase.

• Nrde says:

ST are making the app for “marginal” audiences like Symbian and MeeGo if it brings food on the table. Without Symbian for example there wouldn’t be Sports Tracker at all.
      I’m sorry but I just get annoyed of people like you.

• Stefan says:

@NRDE
        thanks 100% agree!

• Matteo says:

I don’t like this news because, in my opinion, this means less development on the other platforms.

“Are you also as annoyed to Mozilla, Google, Apple etc. who make their browsers for smaller audiences.” This is a stupid comparison, at the moment i’m using chormium, in this way I don’t care firefox development because does not affect the development of my browser.

“ST are making the app for “marginal” audiences like Symbian and MeeGo if it brings food on the table.” There are more people using the other platform, I’m the sample that is better center the development on the most commonly used platforms to encourage the users to buy the ST belt.
        “Without Symbian for example there wouldn’t be Sports Tracker at all.” I thought I had understood that ST developers aren’t longer nokia employees. :)
        “And what are the bugs that should have been fixed before N9 version then? What right do you have to demand bug fixing when you haven’t payed anything.” I am not asking anything. ST is great, but at the moment is comparable with the other gps apps, whereas it could be better.
        “I’m sorry but I just get annoyed of people like you.” Don’t worry, I don’t care who get annoyed by me. :P

• Stefan says:

Based on your thoughts all first time users (in the beginning it was for Symbian only) of ST had to dislike the news when Android an iOS get ST too. Cause of that the development for Symbian Version is less than before. But wait, most of the first users like this new cause the userplatform grow with the new versions. And now somebody like you came along and dont grant the users of “not so big platforms” the ST-Experience? Without your “marginal OSs” you wont even use ST cause it dont exists -.-

• Fabio Rebelato says:

Dear Matteo, you sound not only like a real fool but also a clueless annoying #$@$*! In case you didn’t get it yet, if it wasn’t for Symbian, you would not have ST in your Android phone. Oh, and guess what; when you change your Android phone in favor of your newly super hyped iPhone5 I bet we will have your unpleasant presence here asking to stop development for “marginal” platforms… And by the way, I have a Symbian^3 phone(Anna) and a Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) tablet. Symbian^3 is SO much better. iOS and Android can’t multitask AT ALL!!! Go play some Android games, kid!

• Matteo says:

:D
            I was a first ST user since beta time (on my nokia e71). I changed that phone for a galaxy s before that ST was developed for Android platform.
            Anyway , at the moment, I am happier when I know that there will be new featurs on my app that new platforms supported! Am I a fool? Or maybe just honest?

• Stefan says:

@matteo
            as you can see – you can be both! ;)
            sure, you are honest but that make your egoism not better. “the main thing is that I get my features, fu** off rest of the world” – thats your thoughts in “hard direct words” and made you honest but also a fool. :)

• Jeff says:

Matteo is utterly clueless.

• Eino says:

While I somewhat understand Matteo’s point, I disagree. N9 and WP7 are Nokia devices and ST has always had a strong support for Nokia Devices so why should the focus (especially considering the next few years) be solely on Symbian? Or exclusively on Android?

Besides, look at the other end of the spectrum: Endomondo. It’s on every freaking mobile device known to man. Which means it’s basically the same barebones minimum effort application on every device. The design or UI doesn’t adapt to different platforms and therefor doesn’t take any advantage of their strengths nor offer the user an user experience tailored to the OS of their choice.

• Fabio Rebelato says:

I understand your point. But I still prefer an amazing app, evolving a bit slower due to it’s multi-platforms nature than an app very rich and 100% tailored to an specific OS in an way that if forces you to use that specific platform if you want to use it. Symbian version still lacks voice feedback and it is definitely down in ST priorities list. But I´m still thankful that they still support an OS such as Symbian^3 and I recommend ST to all of my friend, regardless of the phone they have! What about the newly launched Meego version. That both new and vintage at the same time!!!

38. Johan says:

Excellent! Been waiting for the N9(Meego) version. Thanks a lot!

39. Fredrik says:

Thanks!!! :) Now I finally not need to borrow my wife’s android phone anymore!

40. Mika says:

Wow! Thanks, allready downloading to my N9!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. [...] Tracker。Sport Tracker 在很早的時間已經登陸 Nokia Store,但這次是為 Nokia N9,而 N9 的 Sport Tracker 用戶介面當然與 Symbian 版本的不同。另外,Sport Tracker [...]

2. [...] Swimming and more, share workout data with your friends, get fit and stay healthier. It was expected to be available by November during Nokia Lumia 800 launch, but delayed. Sports Tracker is already available for Symbian, [...]

3. [...] Swimming and more, share workout data with your friends, get fit and stay healthier. It was expected to be available by November during Nokia Lumia 800 launch, but delayed. Sports Tracker is already available for Symbian, [...]

4. [...] Swimming and more, share workout data with your friends, get fit and stay healthier. It was expected to be available by November during Nokia Lumia 800 launch, but delayed. Sports Tracker is already available for Symbian, [...]

5. [...] schwarzPreis: EUR 499,00 ( Kundenbewertungen) 1 gebraucht & neu zu haben ab EUR 499,00Quelle: Sports Tracker Autor Geschrieben von OliverStudent und regelmäßiger Autor von mobiFlip.de, mit einem gewissen [...]

6. [...] sito ufficiale di Sports Tracker apprendiamo inoltre che presto, entro la fine di questo mese, sarà rilasciata [...]

7. [...] for the Sports Tracker Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor http://store.ovi.com/content/214863 source[Sports Tracker] Like Unlike // [...]

8. [...] Sport-Tracker blog, the Sport Tracker application is now available for the Nokia N9. Just installed and looks really [...]