Time for a little update to our Windows Phone app. Check the full list of changes below and head to Windows Phone Marketplace on your phone to get the update.
The main thing we’ve wanted to tackle with this release is making sure that the users of our Windows Phone app won’t lose data accidentally by switching the app to the background.
PLEASE NOTE: If you switch Sports Tracker to the background while tracking (taking a phone call, taking pictures etc) it is important to use the Task Switcher (A list of your active apps) of your phone to switch back to Sports Tracker. You can access the Task Switcher by pressing long on the “back arrow” on your Windows Phone.
If you re-activate Sports Tracker after other activity by tapping the icon on your phone’s main menu or home screen a new instance of the app will be launched instead of returning to your active tracking.
What’s new in Sports Tracker for Windows Phone v.1.3
- Added notification preventing accidental exit from the application
- Clarified dialogs to prevent accidental deletion of workouts
- Clarified dialogs to prevent accidental disconnection from the sports-tracker.com service
- The application stores previous workout settings and uses those as a default for new workouts
- Fixed timezone issues appearing under some circumstances
- Fixed server connection issues under some circumstances
- Fixed wrong distance unit display on Facebook sharing
- General stability enhancements
Next up for v1.4. (UPDATE: Targeted release first / second week of July) our Windows Phone team is working on improving the GPS-filtering and adding an auto-save feature to help even more with preventing the accidental loss of tracked data.
Hope you enjoy the new version!
Team Sports Tracker